The search engine decorated its logo with a picture of the famous Orthodox church, known for its multicolored dome-shaped architecture.
The prince known as “Ivan the Terrible” ordered its construction in 1554 as a way to commemorate the conquest of Kazan. Its official name was The Cathedral of the Intercession of Mary, because it was blessed on October 1st, the day dedicated to this feast.
The Church is surrounded by history, including the failed attempt of Napoleon who according to legend, tried to transfer the structure to Paris. In 1918 the communist party confiscated the items inside the Church before closing it. The building was later turned into a museum, but in 1990 after almost 70 years it was reopened for worship.