What's this? / Report Bad Ads
Latest News
Vatican

Ex-Nuncio to Dominican Republic, accused of sexual abuse, found dead

August 28, 2015. The Vatican has issued a statement saying that ex-Apostolic Nuncio to the Dominican Republic Józef Wesolowski was found dead in his room this morning. He is believed to have died of natural causes, according the Vatican authorities. A Vatican prosecutor has asked that an autopsy be performed today. The statement further specifies that the results will be announced as soon as possible and that Pope Francis has been informed of the situation.
Pope Francis

Pope Francis sends a message to organizers and participants of the Rimini Meeting

August 19, 2015. On the occasion of the 36th edition of the Rimini Meeting, Pope Francis sent a message to participants and organizers through Vatican Secretary of State Pietro Parolin. He told them that the void we sometimes feel in our hearts reminds us that we are called to great things. The event is also known as "the Meeting for friendship among peoples,” and it is organized by the Communion and Liberation movement. During the meeting shows, conferences, exhibitions and sporting events are organized.
Pope Francis

Pope Francis “deeply saddened” by the tragedy in Bangkok

August 19, 2015. Pope Francis is "deeply saddened” by the terrorist attack in Bangkok, which killed at least 20 people, according to the Vatican Secretary of State Pietro Parolin. In a telegram sent to the King of Thailand on behalf of the Pope, the cardinal said Pope Francis expressed his sorrow and his closeness to all those affected by the attacks.
World

Erection of Apostolic Exarchate in Canada

Pope Francis has erected the Apostolic Exarchate for the Syro-Malabar in Canada. He has appointed Fr. Jose Kalluvelil to be its first Exarch, assigning him the titular of Tabalta.
World

New bishop in India

Pope Francis has appointed Fr. Antony Prince Panengaden to be bishop of the eparchy of Adilabad of the Syro-Malabar (India). His appointment comes after the resignation of Msgr. Joseph Kunnath.

Boko Haram releases new video of kidnapped schoolgirls

2014-05-12

Just days after the Vatican condemned the kidnapping of Nigerian schoolgirls, and Pope Francis sent out a tweet asking for their release, Boko Haram released a new video with those who are believed to be some of the kidnapped girls. 

The video features the leader for the radical Islamic group, Abubakar Shekau. The terrorist leader said they will keep the students, until Nigerian officials agree to a prisoner exchange. He also claimed the girls had converted to Islam, since their kidnapping. 

The images show the girls covered in a hijab, in an unrecognizable open location.

On April 14th, the terrorist group kidnapped more than 270 girls as they slept at their boarding school in Chibok, in Borno state, which has a Christian majority. Some of the girls escaped.

Last week, Boko Haram released a video where they threatened to sell the girls into slavery. Reports state some of them may have already been sold in the border areas with Chad and Cameroon.



AC/RCA
CTV
JM
-PR
Up: KLH