Papal Trip to Cuba?
April 17, 2015. The Vatican's spokesperson has announced that Pope Francis is considering a trip to Cuba. If the visit takes place it would be before or after his trip to the U.S in September. The process however, is still in its beginning phases, so no official decision has been made.
Dates of papal trip to Latin America released
April 16, 2015. The Vatican has announced the dates of Pope's upcoming trip to Latin America. He will visit Ecuador from July 6 to 8. After, he will be in Bolivia from July 8 to 10. He will then go to Paraguay until July 12.
Pope's Message for World Day of Prayer for Vocations
April 14, 2015. In his message for the event, which will be held on April 26, Pope Francis considers the meaning of "vocation.” He writes that it means to respond to God's call. That is, "allowing him to help us leave ourselves and our false security behind” so that we can find Jesus Christ, "the origin and destiny of our life and our happiness.”
The title of the message is: "Exodus, a fundamental experience of vocation.”
Read the full text here.
New vicar apostolic in Venezuela and bishop in India
April 7, 2015. Pope Francis has appointed Ernesto José Romero Rivas, O.F.M. to be Vicar Apostolic of Tucupita (Venezuela). The Pope has also appointed Vincent Aind to be Bishop of Bagdogra (India).
New Prefect in the Congregation for Catholic Education
March 31, 2015. Pope Francis has appointed Cardinal Giuseppe Versaldi, as the new Prefect of the Congregation for Catholic Education. He also also appointed Cardinal Rainer Maria Woelki as a member of the Administration of the Patrimony of the Apostolic See.
New bishop in Mozambique
March 30, 2015. The Pope has appointed Alberto Vera Aréjula, a Spanish missionary, to be Auxiliary Bishop of Xai-Xai in Mozambique.
New Eparchy and new Exarchate in India
March 26, 2015. The Pope has created the Eparchy of St. John Chrysostom in Gurgaon of the Syro-Malankara Church (India). He has also appointed its first bishop, Jacob Barnabas Aerath. Additionally, Pope Francis created the new Apostolic Exarchate of St. Ephrem of Khadki of the Syro-Malankara Church (India). He appointed the first Exarch, Bishop Thomas Mar Anthonios Valiyavilayil.
The feast of Saint Peter and Saint Paul will be on June 29th. A ceremony will be celebrated at the Vatican in which the Pope will bestow the pallium on the metropolitan Archbishops named in the last year.
The pallium is a tailored cloak made from the wool of lambs blessed by the Pope on the feast of Saint Agnes on January 21st. It is placed over the shoulders of the new archbishops who come from all over the world for this moment.
LIST OF ARCHBISHOPS WHO WILL RECEIVE THE PALLIUM:
1. Msgr. Victor Henry THAKUR, Archbishop of Raipur (India)
2. Msgr. José Rafael QUIRÓS QUIRÓS, Archbishop of San José de Costa Rica (Costa Rica)
3. Msgr. Giuseppe FIORINI MOROSINI, O.M., Archbishop of the region of Calabria-Bova (Italy)
4. Msgr. Leo W. CUSHLEY, Archbishop of Saint Andrews and Edinburgh (Scotland)
5. Msgr. Jaime SPENGLER, O.F.M., Archbishop of Porto Alegre (Brazil)
6. Msgr. Jean-Luc BOUILLERET, Archbishop of Besançon (France)
7. Msgr. Leonard Paul BLAIR, Archbishop of Hartford (U.S.A.)
8. Msgr. Gabriel ‘Leke ABEGUNRIN, Archbishop of Ibadan (Nigeria)
9. Msgr. Sebastian Francis SHAW, O.F.M., Archbishop of Lahore (Pakistan)
10. Msgr. Franz LACKNER, O.F.M., Archbishop of Salzburg (Austria)
11. Msgr. Thomas Luke MSUSA, S.M.M., Archbishop of Blantyre (Malawi)
12. Msgr. Benjamin Marc Balthason RAMAROSON, C.M., Archbishop of Antsiranana (Madagascar)
13. Msgr. René Osvaldo REBOLLEDO SALINAS, Archbishop of La Serena (Chile)
14. Msgr. Marlo M. PERALTA, Archbishop of Nueva Segovia (The Philippines)
15. Msgr. Emmanuel OBBO, Archbishop of Tororo (Uganda)
16. Msgr. Daniel Fernando STURLA BERHOUET, S.D.B., Archbishop of Montevideo (Uruguay)
17. Msgr. Marco ARNOLFO, Archbishop of Vercelli (Italy)
18. Msgr. Damian Denis DALLU, Archbishop of Songea (Tanzania)
19. Msgr. Romulo T. DE LA CRUZ, Archbishop of Zamboanga (The Philippines)
20. Msgr. Malcolm Patrick McMAHON, O.P., Archbishop of Liverpool (England)
21. Msgr. Paul BÙI VN OC, Archbishop of Thành-Phô Hô Chí Minh, Hôchiminh Ville (Vietnam)
22. Msgr. Wojciech POLAK, Archbishop of Gniezno (Poland)
23. Msgr. José Luiz Majella DELGADO, C.SS.R., Archbishop of Pouso Alegre (Brazil)
24.Msgr. Agustinus AGUS, Archbishop of Pontianak (Indonesia)
Archbishops who won't be present at the ceremony:
25. Msgr. Tarcisius Gervazio ZIYAYE, Archbishop of Lilongwe (Malawi)
26. Msgr. Nicholas MANG THANG, Archbishop of Mandalay (Burma)
27. Msgr. Stephan BURGER, Archbishop of Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany)