December 12, 2014. Pope Francis has appointed Msgr. Vicente Jimenez Zamora as the new Archbishop of Zaragoza, Spain. Up until now, he served as the Bishop of the Diocese of Santander. In Ecuador, Fr. Adelio Pasqualotto has been nominated as the new Vicariate Apostolic of Napo. Pope Francis also appointed Rev. Fr. Pietro Bovati, as the new Secretary of the Pontifical Biblical Commission.
Vatican releases new questionnaire on the Synod on the Family
December 9, 2014. The Vatican has published a new questionnaire containing 46 questions pertaining to the family and the modern day challenges it faces. It’s meant to be a further reflection for the second phase of the Synod on the Family, which will take place in October 2015. The questions are divided in three sections. In the following days, it will be distributed to many groups, including Episcopal Conferences, Eastern Church and Curia Departments.
The Jesuits to start new General Congregation on October 2016
December 9, 2014. The General Superior of the Society of Jesus, Fr. Adolfo Nicolas Pachon, has called a new General Congregation. This assembly, which will include representatives from all over the world, will start on October 2, 2016. In a letter, Fr. Pachon called on all Jesuits to take part in this "serious process of spiritual discernment" on which the future and mission of the Society relies.
New Archbishop of Kenya
December 9, 2014. Pope Francis appointed Msgr. Martin Musonde Kivuva as new Archbishop of Mombasa (Kenya). He previously served as bishop of the diocese of Machakos (Kenya).
Also, Adolfo Ramon Canecin was appointed coadjutor bishop of the diocese of Goya (Argentina).
Community of Sant'Egidio reelects its president
December 9, 2014. Marco Impagliazzo has been reelected as president of the Community of Sant'Egidio by an assembly of 220 delegates from around the world.
Colombian bishop, resigns
December 1, 2014. Pope Francis accepted the resignation of Msgr. Luis Alberto Parra Mora, Bishop of Mocoa-Sibundoy (Colombia). He is 70 years old.
First message of Pope Francis in Turkey
November 28, 2014. Pope Francis signed the so-called Golden Book at Ataturk's Mausoleum in Ankara. There he wrote this message: "I express my sincerest good wishes so that Turkey, the natural bridge between two Continents, may not only be a crossroad, but also a place of encounter, dialogue and peaceful coexistence among men and women of good will of every culture, ethnicity and religion."
Pope on Haiti
November 25, 2014. Five years have passed since the deadly earthquake devastated the island of Haiti. In light of this anniversary, Pope Francis has called for a Vatican meeting to take place. The goal is for the Church to look into what can be done to help out victims and the country as it tries to re-build itself.
Cardinal Robert Sarah, new prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship
November 24, 2014. Pope Francis has named Cardinal Robert Sarah as new prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship. Up until recently, he served as the President of the Pontifical Council Cor Unum.
Sarah, 69, a native of Conakry, Guinea, also held a prominent role in the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples.
He is taking over the post previously held by Cardinal Antonio Cañizares, who was recently named Archbishop of Valencia, Spain.
Synod on the Family 2015
November 21, 2014. The following Cardinals will be delegate presidents during the second part of the Synod on the Family, from October 4th to the 24th, 2015. The Archbishop of Paris, Cardinal André Vingt-Trois. From the Philippines, Luis Antonio Tagle. From Aparecida Brazil, Cardinal Raymundo Damasceno Assis. From Durban, South Africa, Cardinal Wilfrid Fox Napier.
The Relator General will be Cardinal Peter Erdo, who serves as the Archbishop of Budapest. The Secretary General, will be Italian Msgr, Bruno Forte.
New Bishop in Broken Bay (Australia)
November 20, 2014. Pope Francis has appointed Peter Andrew Comensoli as the New Bishop of Broken Bay, Australia. Up until now, he served as the auxiliary Bishop in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
The feast of Saint Peter and Saint Paul will be on June 29th. A ceremony will be celebrated at the Vatican in which the Pope will bestow the pallium on the metropolitan Archbishops named in the last year.
The pallium is a tailored cloak made from the wool of lambs blessed by the Pope on the feast of Saint Agnes on January 21st. It is placed over the shoulders of the new archbishops who come from all over the world for this moment.
LIST OF ARCHBISHOPS WHO WILL RECEIVE THE PALLIUM:
1. Msgr. Victor Henry THAKUR, Archbishop of Raipur (India)
2. Msgr. José Rafael QUIRÓS QUIRÓS, Archbishop of San José de Costa Rica (Costa Rica)
3. Msgr. Giuseppe FIORINI MOROSINI, O.M., Archbishop of the region of Calabria-Bova (Italy)
4. Msgr. Leo W. CUSHLEY, Archbishop of Saint Andrews and Edinburgh (Scotland)
5. Msgr. Jaime SPENGLER, O.F.M., Archbishop of Porto Alegre (Brazil)
6. Msgr. Jean-Luc BOUILLERET, Archbishop of Besançon (France)
7. Msgr. Leonard Paul BLAIR, Archbishop of Hartford (U.S.A.)
8. Msgr. Gabriel ‘Leke ABEGUNRIN, Archbishop of Ibadan (Nigeria)
9. Msgr. Sebastian Francis SHAW, O.F.M., Archbishop of Lahore (Pakistan)
10. Msgr. Franz LACKNER, O.F.M., Archbishop of Salzburg (Austria)
11. Msgr. Thomas Luke MSUSA, S.M.M., Archbishop of Blantyre (Malawi)
12. Msgr. Benjamin Marc Balthason RAMAROSON, C.M., Archbishop of Antsiranana (Madagascar)
13. Msgr. René Osvaldo REBOLLEDO SALINAS, Archbishop of La Serena (Chile)
14. Msgr. Marlo M. PERALTA, Archbishop of Nueva Segovia (The Philippines)
15. Msgr. Emmanuel OBBO, Archbishop of Tororo (Uganda)
16. Msgr. Daniel Fernando STURLA BERHOUET, S.D.B., Archbishop of Montevideo (Uruguay)
17. Msgr. Marco ARNOLFO, Archbishop of Vercelli (Italy)
18. Msgr. Damian Denis DALLU, Archbishop of Songea (Tanzania)
19. Msgr. Romulo T. DE LA CRUZ, Archbishop of Zamboanga (The Philippines)
20. Msgr. Malcolm Patrick McMAHON, O.P., Archbishop of Liverpool (England)
21. Msgr. Paul BÙI VN OC, Archbishop of Thành-Phô Hô Chí Minh, Hôchiminh Ville (Vietnam)
22. Msgr. Wojciech POLAK, Archbishop of Gniezno (Poland)
23. Msgr. José Luiz Majella DELGADO, C.SS.R., Archbishop of Pouso Alegre (Brazil)
24.Msgr. Agustinus AGUS, Archbishop of Pontianak (Indonesia)
Archbishops who won't be present at the ceremony:
25. Msgr. Tarcisius Gervazio ZIYAYE, Archbishop of Lilongwe (Malawi)
26. Msgr. Nicholas MANG THANG, Archbishop of Mandalay (Burma)
27. Msgr. Stephan BURGER, Archbishop of Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany)