FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
9:00 a.m. Departure from Rome Fiumicino Airport to Georgia.
3:00 p.m. Arrival at Tbilisi International Airport. Welcome ceremony.
visit with the president of the Republic in the presidential palace.
- Encounter with the civil authorities and diplomatic corps in the courtyard.
- The Holy Father will meet with His Holiness and Beatitude Ilia II,
Catholicos and Patriarch of all Georgia, in the Palace of the Patriarchate.
- The day will conclude with a meeting with the Assyrian-Chaldean community in the Chaldean Catholic Church of St. Simon the Tanner.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1
- Holy Mass in the M. Meskhi stadium, followed by a meeting with priests and religious men and women in the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin.
- Meeting with the Church's charity workers and those they assist outside the Camillian aid center, followed by a visit to the Svietyskhoveli Patriarchal Cathedral of
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2
Farewell ceremony at the airport in Tbilisi International Airport.
9:30 a.m. Arrival at Heydar Aliyev International Airport. Welcome ceremony.
- Holy Mass in the Salesian center in Baku.
- Lunch with the Salesian community.
- Later, he will attend the welcome ceremony in the presidential palace of Genclik, and pay a courtesy visit to the president of the Republic.
- Meeting with the authorities in the Heydar Aliyev Center.
- Private meeting with the Sheikh of the Muslims of the Caucasus in the Heydar Aliyev Mosque.
- Private meeting with the Orthodox bishop of Baku and the president of the Jewish community.
- 7.15 p.m. After the farewell ceremony, the Pope will depart for Rome's Ciampino Airport, where he is expected to arrive at 10 p.m.